My Favorite Things of 2017
Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I am SO excited to share this post with you guys! I have come across some great products this year and I just thought you should know all about them. Below is one of my favorite outfits to wear around on the weekends. The top is the softest faux fur sweatshirt and I am obsessed. Kevin got it for me for my birthday (he does such a good job picking things out for me!) and I just love it. Points for hubby 🙂 This sweatshirt can also be dressed up a little with a good pair of leather skinnies. The jeans are super comfy and right on trend this year with the contrasting denims and the boyfriend fit. Complete with my favorite booties, backpack, and earrings, this whole outfit just had to make the My Favorite things list!
Keep reading for all the outfit details + a full list of everything that I’ve fallen in love with this year. I promise you won’t be disappointed! P.S. it was realllllyy cold the day we took these so you’ll have to excuse some of my weird faces 😉
Faux Fur Sweatshirt | Boyfriend Jeans | Backpack Purse (Similar here and here)| Booties (similar here) | Earrings
Below are more gifts and purchases from 2017 that I love! I tried to keep it at 10 but I couldn’t leave any of these out. Enjoy!
- T3 Micro Whirl Convertible and 1.5″ Barrel — This might actually be my number one favorite thing of 2017. Mom got me this interchangeable wand for Christmas and I LOVE this thing. The different barrels give me options (there is also a clip barrel that I want to try soon!) + it’s just super cool that you can change them out. I really like the 1.5″ barrel because it creates loose, tousled waves. My curls/waves hold all day and the ceramic is better for your hair, so do yourself and your hair a favor, and check this out!
- Garmin Vivomove HR Smartwatch — Kevin got me this pretty little watch for Christmas and I am so excited about it. At first glance, it looks like a normal analog watch but it’s actually a smartwatch. It keeps up with my activity, tells me my stress levels, and it links to my phone so I can see texts, phone calls, or any other notifications I might get throughout the day. It has a silicone band so it’s super comfy to wear all day.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye — So I think I started using this towards the beginning of the year, and it is probably my favorite piece of makeup that I have ever owned. It says its for under eyes, but I use it all over for concealing and even contouring. It makes you look so much more awake and is an amazing highlighter. This is one product I never leave the house without and I wear it pretty much every day.
- Dior Forever Foundation — I changed to this foundation this year and I LOVE it. It provides full coverage, is pore refining, and it lasts all day. I might have to retouch it once a day, maybe. I’ve tried a lot of different things and this is the first foundation that hasn’t come off halfway through the day, gotten all cakey (gross!), or broken my face out. So this one is a little more on the expensive side but it’s great quality and it actually lasts a long time even though I use it everyday. I’ve decided this year that if I’m going to spend a little more money on something, it’s going to be makeup and shoes. If it’s going on my face or my feet, I want good quality products that are going to last. (I love to use it with this primer to make it last even longer!)
- BLANKNYC Metallic Leather Moto Jacket — This beauty has been on my wishlist for a while and I finally got it for Christmas! It is so pretty, y’all. The faux leather is good quality and it makes a great statement piece. (It comes in three other really great colors! Find them here.) I wear a size small in this, but if you want to wear it over any kind of sweater, I’d recommend sizing up.
- RTIC 20 oz. Tumbler — We’ve been using RTIC products for a while but I got this pretty turquoise tumbler from Kevin for Christmas and I just love it! These come in several different colors, sizes, and styles, so take your pick! They work just as well as Yeti but are much more affordable. We also have a RTIC cooler and a few other tumblers and have loved them all.
- Louise et Cie Jonah Suede Pumps — I purchased these shoes to use for wedding festivities but have ended up wearing them all. the. time. They are so comfy that I can wear them all day at work. Not to mention they’re beautiful. There’s nothing better than a classic heel that goes with everything AND is comfortable. This also comes in a white leather that I may end up purchasing for the spring/summer.
- Kendra Scott Earrings — I got these beauties for my birthday, and I actually got to design them myself at the Kendra Scott Color Bar! If you haven’t ever done this I would highly recommend. You start by picking the main piece (earrings, necklace, ring, or bracelet), choose the style that you want, and choose the stones. They make them right then and there and in about 5 minutes, you have an original piece to take home with you. So cool right?! You can also do this online if you don’t live near a Kendra Scott store.
- Stila Stay All-Day Liquid Lipstick Set — This was another Christmas gift that I’m so excited about. I have become a little obsessed with lipstick and stains this year. It’s typically really difficult for me to find a set with this many colors that I actually want to use all of. Literally everyone of these colors looks great with my skin tone, and that is a miracle, friends. Also, the color does last pretty much all day, as long as you don’t eat like a large hamburger. Then you might have to retouch it, but tbh that hamburger was worth it haha.
- Steve Madden Over the Knee Boots — Mom got me these for Christmas and they are the perfect addition to my closet. They are super fitted, so they stay up all day. I will say they’re pretty slim fitting in the leg so it may be difficult to wear them with skinnies, but they look so great with skirts and over leggings. The heel is a great height for work or for a night out on the town! I can’t find them online in grey anymore but they’re still available in black, which I also love.
- Properly Tied Pintail Pullover — This was a birthday gift from Kevin, and it is possibly the softest piece of clothing I have ever owned. This is perfect for running errands on a chilly day or just hanging around the house. It’s very light weight, so you don’t get as hot as you’d think, but it still keeps you warm when it needs to! These have gotten really popular this year and are available at all different price points from various retailers (here and here).
- Cropped Chenille Sweater — Ok, so y’all know how I feel about chenille. It’s my favorite. This was the first chenille sweater that I purchased this year, and I just love it. The color is great and you can’t tell from the image, but it has little metallic threads throughout to give it some sparkle. Who doesn’t love sparkle? I pair this with high waisted jeans or with my favorite velvet skirt from this post.
- UGG Water Resistant Pom Slippers — Last but not least on my list of favorites are these super warm, super cute UGG bootie slippers. I wear these around the house allllll the time. These were also a Christmas gift this year and I seriously love them. Everyone needs a good pair of slippers!
Well guys, that’s it for 2017! I hope you see some things that you love from the list above. What are your favorite things from this year? I would love for you to let me know in the comment section below.
I hope that you have all had a fabulous year and that 2018 is full of joy and blessings for you and yours. I’ll be back next year with more, and if there is anything that you’d like for me to blog about in the new year, I’d love to hear it! Shoot me an email or leave a comment below. I would greatly appreciate it <3
Happy New Year!
The Blonde Healer
I love the sweater!!
hayleytanousThe Blonde Healer
Thanks so much! 😊
Winter Must-Haves: Oversized Sweaters + Over The Knee Boots – Style Worthy
[…] without talking about over the knee boots! I got these for Christmas (also check them out on my Favorite Things of 2017 post!) and I can’t get over them. They are so comfortable, even for a full day of work. They […]
It’s Definitely Still Sweater Weather – Style Worthy
[…] necklace.” But you really don’t! Instead, try a pair of fun tassel earrings, put a few curls in your hair, and pick a bag with a little bit of color. The split sleeve detail also gives it a little […]
Why It’s OK To Not Define Your Style – Style Worthy
[…] outfit that I am in love with! This jacket was on my wish list forever (also talked about it in this post) and I finally got it for Christmas! It’s one of those statement pieces that I was talking […]
Tuesday Ten: Off-Duty Style – Style Worthy
[…] ago of my current favorite off-duty outfit. Sweatshirt and leggings tagged below! (Find the UGGs here!) Side note: Please notice Wrigley’s paw on the bottom right. He loves to help out and ends […]