Friday finally showed its face! It’s been a long week for some reason, y’all. Like I thought Tuesday was Thursday for most of the day…but anyway.
So this time of year everybody is looking for that summertime dress, right? I surely was a few weeks ago. I needed a dress for a wedding that I would be attending, but you know me, I hate buying things that I can’t wear multiple times, multiple ways. I was STRUGGLING to find that dress. I really wanted something loose and comfy, something that would be fun to dance in, and something that was wedding-appropriate. All I could find were dresses that it seemed like everybody else had, or ones that were too revealing or too expensive. I finally decided to check out Zara, and you guys, I found it! I. Love. This. Dress. And I love Zara. It is such the perfect place to find unique, stylish, affordable fashion. I think the color is what sold me on this dress. It is the perfect bright, cheerful green for this time of year. Not only that, but it can be worn several different ways. You can dress it up with heels, or down with flat sandals. And I really love it paired with some good denim shorts! (just to be totally honest though, if you’re any taller than me, 5’5, I recommend only wearing it as a blouse or with some kind of slip extender.) I will def be wearing this for date nights and out and about on the weekends. It truly is perfect for so many occasions. So if you’ve never checked out Zara, I highly recommend it! Along with this amazing dress, I wanted to share some of my tips for finding the perfect dress (or any other article of clothing really) for this time of year.
- Know what you’re looking for going into it. If you don’t know what you’re looking for, you’re probably going to get overwhelmed and frustrated. For example, I knew that I wanted something flowy, not fitted. I wanted a sleeve. I wanted a short dress. And I wanted something I could wear more than once.
- Know your budget. This is where I can get into a lot of trouble. As soon as you start shopping, especially online, go into the filters and set the price range that you’re comfortable with. That way you’re only looking at what you can afford. P.S. filters are your best friend as an online shopper. They will save you SO much time.
- Choose a statement piece (shoes, handbag, or jewelry) that you want your dress to pair well with, and start there. This helps you have an idea of colors, patterns, etc. that you may want to look for.
- Don’t get it just because every blogger and her sister has it. Be unique! Stand out! That’s what I love so much about fashion. It allows us to be exactly who we are. So get what YOU love because you love it, not because it seems to be THE dress that everyone is buying.
- If you do get overwhelmed, just take a day and try again tomorrow. Don’t purchase something just for the sake of it. Only buy it if you truly love it because otherwise you’ll probably wear it once and forget it.
**This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive commission from clicks at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
I hope you all have the best weekend, and good luck finding the perfect summer dress! You can find the exact dress I’m wearing linked in outfit details. What kinds of things are you shopping for this season? I’d love to know! Just leave a comment below 🙂