Hey guys! It’s been a little while since I wrote a military life post, so I thought I would do that today! If you’re a military wife/spouse/girlfriend, you know the rollercoaster of emotions that we go through. Whether it’s a deployment or just a normal day, it’s a rollercoaster, am I right? So today, I thought it would be fun to talk about the different thoughts you’ve probably had if you’re a military wife. Even ones that you’d never say out loud haha. I also thought it would be a good way to help others understand the mind of a military wife! Some of these thoughts are funny, some are sarcastic, and some are just plain real, but I’ve definitely thought each and every one of these at some point. If you’re a military significant other, I’d love for you to add your own in the comments!
21 Thoughts You’ve Probably Had If You’re a Military Wife
- What in the world have I gotten myself into?
- How and why are there so many acronyms? And why does he say them to me like I know what they mean??
- There’s no way I can do this.
- I can totally do this. I am super woman!
- WHY does this last month of deployment feel longer than the first three?
- How does that military wife seem to be so good at this?
- Netflix binging was invented by a military wife, I just know it.
- I really wish people would stop saying “I don’t see how you do it.”
- I’m so tired of moving. I just want to be settled.
- Is it time to move yet? I’m kind of bored with this place.
- Do we really have to talk about your job every time we attend a social event?
- I’m so tired of all of these TDYs ughhh.
- Is it time for him to go on a TDY yet, he’s kind of gettin on my nerves after that week long Bravo.
- So like..what does he actually do at “work” when he’s not training or flying? Seems like two hour lunches and a whole lot of not much else.
- How is it that you’re allowed to have a beer fridge at work? My job is a lot less dangerous, so why can’t I have a wine fridge?
- I’m like really attracted to that flight suit, please don’t change clothes.
- I really don’t like being called a “dependent”…I feel like independent is way more accurate. Because, military wife life.
- Should I even ask if they have a military discount? Is that weird? Do I sound needy?
- I’m sorry you miss your boyfriend because he decided to go on a weekend hunting trip, mine’s currently risking his life in a foreign country for four months, but sure. Your situation is hard too.
- I’m so tired of military life, can we get out already?!
- I love military life, what am I going to do with myself when it’s over?!
Read Next: Military Life FAQ
About the Outfit – Fall Basics
Before I go, I wanted to share some of my favorite new fall basics! In these photos I’m wearing the SOFTEST waffle Henley from American Eagle. I love the button details and the fit is so comfy and loose. It also comes in three other great fall colors. I will be wearing this on repeat once it gets cooler out! Wearing a size small.
If you’ve been following me for a little bit, you know I am in love with the Jamie style Topshop jeans. They are budget friendly, super stretchy and comfortable, and they have a high waist, which I usually prefer in my jeans. The fabric doesn’t stretch out after wearing them all day, and overall I just think they’re so flattering. Also, they come in several different variations, which I love. So far I have this dark wash style with a step hem and a lighter wash pair with destructed knees. The sizing on these is a little different. I am wearing a size 28 30 L and usually wear a 26 or 27 depending on the brand, so I highly recommend sizing up in these!
Finally, you can’t go wrong with a simple pair of mules for the fall! These from Free People are incredibly comfortable and easy to throw on and go. Wearing a size 39 in these and I’m usually a 7.5/8 in US sizes.
As always, thanks for stopping by today! Again, if you’re a military wife/girlfriend and want to add any thoughts to the list, just leave me a comment below! Hope you all have a great week!