It’s My Birthday! Life Lessons + Fun Facts About Me
How the Heck am I 27?!
It’s my birthday!! Not sure if I should be excited or sad that I’m 27 and oh so close to 30 haha. My 20’s have been pretty good to me. But I wanted to kick off the holiday week with a fun post filled with life lessons and some fun facts (27 total :P) to help you get to know the girl behind the blog a little more!
27 Years of Life Lessons & Fun Facts
- God’s plan is so much better than ours. Trust it.
- I’m a major introvert. Like HUGE. I used to be so quiet in high school that people thought I was either super weird or stuck up. Really, I just hate being the center of attention and I’m perfectly happy sitting on the couch with my hubs and the pups on a Friday night.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. You really have to learn to laugh at yourself. This is a new one for me. I used to get embarrassed SO easily, but now after blogging for the last year and getting honked at multiple times while taking photos, you just gotta laugh it off ya know?
- I have a degree in Apparel, Textiles, and Merchandising
- Never say never. My whole life I said I would never marry into the military, I could never do that whole military life thing…lol jokes on me!
- I went to Mississippi State but am a huge Ole Miss fan. I know, that’s so not ok. I get all kinds of crap for it from friends and family but it is what it is haha.
- It’s ok to be different. We were all made they way we are for a purpose, and there is only one you. So embrace it and love yourself for what makes you different.
- Before I decided to study fashion, I was a microbiology major.
- I was also kind of a math and science nerd in high school.
- I am stronger than I think I am. Deployment was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to deal with, and now looking back I realize how strong I was through it.
- My little brother plays baseball for the Colorado Rockies organization (and also played at Ole Miss, which is a major reason I’m an Ole Miss fan!)
- There’s nothing a good outfit can’t fix. If I’m having a bad day, I put on my favorite outfit, even if I’m not leaving the house. Something about feeling good in your clothes makes you feel great about yourself. It’s a huge self esteem booster for me!
- Harry Potter is life. I am probably one of the biggest Harry Potter nerds you’ll ever meet. We’re going to Universal a couple of weeks before Christmas and I’ll basically be living at Harry Potter world.
- A boy won’t complete your life, but Jesus will. If you’re not married yet, PLEASE listen up: I thought forever that if I could just find the right boy, everything in my life would be fixed. FALSE. I love my husband more than humanly possible and could not do life without him, but I still have my own problems. Whether it’s self esteem issues or sickness or drama with friends or family, you’re still going to have struggles in your life. And if you aren’t careful and try to let some silly boy fix you before you go to Jesus, you’re going to be so disappointed and probably unhappy in your relationships.
- My favorite kinds of movies are superhero movies (Marvel > DC)
- It’s ok to have bad days.
- I tore my ACL playing softball when I was in the 4th grade. That pretty much eliminated all of my athletic ability, so I took up show choir and horseback riding.
- I used to be super into the English style of horseback riding! jump fences and all that fun stuff! I miss it so so much and one day, I WILL own a horse.
- If I could go back and change anything about my life, I would have been a ballerina.
- Military life is hard/fun/stressful/exciting/frustrating/a privilege.
- Kevin and I met on Tinder. Ok so here’s the short version of the story: I would have NEVER joined a dating app, but my friends insisted. Basically took my phone, made me an account, and started talking to Kevin (AKA MY HUSBAND NOW) for me. Totally was going to ghost him after that and then was bored on the way to my grandma’s for Christmas and decided: meh, he seems nice enough, I’ll at least tell him Merry Christmas. The rest is history, y’all.
- People will disappoint you. Even the people you love most in life. They aren’t perfect humans.
- It’s ok to say no sometimes. One of the big things I’ve learned with blogging is that it’s ok to say no. If it doesn’t improve your life or someone else’s in anyway, if it is exhausting, or if it does not align with your belief system, whatever it is. It’s ok to say no.
- My last meal on earth? I don’t know exactly what it would be, but it would include French fries.
- You cannot please everyone. There are going to be people that don’t like what you do or don’t understand why you do it. But that’s ok. You don’t want those people taking up space in your life anyway! I think of it as finding my ideal audience.
- Before I moved to Little Rock and joined the corporate grind, I worked as a social media/web manager for a boutique in my college town and absolutely loved it.
- Now my blog is my full-time gig, and even though I currently make very little money, it’s been the most satisfying, freeing thing I have ever done. So if you have a dream, go for it. Don’t work for someone else’s.
Learn more about me and the blog on the About Me page!
Thank you all so much for being here! It truly means to much that you take the time to read my blog posts + trust me to help you find the perfect outfits and products for you. I am so blessed to see another year and to spend it doing what I love with the best online community ever. I love you all so much and hope you have the best Thanksgiving with loved ones!
And your BFF is Emilee 🤣 hahaha
Um yes 100% 😘😘