My Favorite Things of 2018
Hey friends! It’s so good to be back, I know it has been so long since I’ve made a new post. But life happens sometimes, ya know? First there was Christmas, which was such a good time with both of our families. Shortly after we packed up what we could fit in two cars, and made the move to Columbia, SC. There will be a full post all about that process later so stay tuned! But needless to say, it’s been a lot. Lots of change and adjustment in so many ways, so I decided to take a break for my sanity.
I’m slowly getting back in the swing of things, and with that, I wanted to share some of my favorite things from 2018 with you guys! A lot of these items were gifts and some were purchases that I made and loved from the year. Below I’ll share a link to each item + a little bit about why I love it! Also, most of the images on the graphic below are clickable making it super easy for you to shop!
Most products in the graphic above are clickable!
- AE Slouchy Turtleneck – the most comfy sweater I’ve purchased this year by far! And it’s on clearance right now for $19.98, so hurry and snag yours before they’re gone. I wear a size XS/S.
- H&M Pile-Lined Boots – I’ve had my eye on hiking boots all year, and most of them were way too expensive. Then I found these for just under $60 and they are the most comfortable, warm boots I own. I wear a size 8, which is my normal boot size.
- BEST Chick Fil A Eater Ever Tee – My little brother got me this as a birthday gift, and I wear it at least once a week. Because I eat Chick Fil a at least once a week and its the most accurate thing ever haha. Wear a size Medium.
- Juno & Co Velvet Makeup Sponge – This was in my stocking at Christmas and it is probably one of the best makeup tools I own. It looks like your typical beauty blender, but it’s actually make of a microfiber velvet-like material that prevents it from soaking up your product. And yes it actually works! My makeup goes on so easily and I have saved a lot of it since I’ve started using this. The best part? It’s only $6!
- Kristin Ess Dry Shampoo – If you’ve been following along for a little while, you have probably heard me mention this at some point. It is by far my favorite dry shampoo of all time, and it’s only $14.
- SPANX Camo Faux Leather Leggings – These are definitely a splurge, but I got them during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and did not regret it. These things looks so amazing on, and they hold in all the things. They come in solid colors as well that are slightly more affordable than the camo print. Highly recommend. I got these in a small but kind of wish I’d sized up to a medium because they are a little snug.
- BLANKNYC Moto Jacket – This was a Christmas gift, and I am obsessed, guys. This leather jacket is SO comfortable and flattering + it has a removable hood that gives it an extra casual vibe. Wear a size Medium.
- Goodnight Macaroon Tan Over the Knee Boots – These were a Christmas gift as well! I’ve had my eye on these for quite a while, and was so excited to open these up Christmas Day. They are extremely flattering and comfy, and are the perfect boot to dress up or down this winter. I wear a size 39. You can get 30% off right now with code GMXOXO!
- Madewell 9″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans – It took me all year, but I finally found the perfect pair of black skinny jeans. These are SO comfortable and stretchy, plus they look great with just about anything you could pull out of your closet this winter. I wear a size 28 in these.
- T3 Grey SinglePass 1 inch Styling Iron – I’ve also been needing a new flat iron in a major way, so I was so excited to receive this as a Christmas gift. This thing is super lightweight, and it really does an amazing job of straightening my hair. This is the Nordstrom Exclusive version which is slightly more affordable than the original T3.
- 3 Step Balanced Skin Bundle – I’ve been using Tula for about 4 months now, and I truly feel like it has changed my skin. Acne scars are disappearing, and I can tell a difference in the tone of my skin. The day and night cream is an actual miracle worker. It feels SO good and leaves the skin hydrated without making it oily.
- Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops – I just purchased this not too long ago and I am SOLD. I hate dealing with self tanners because they’re so messy and usually don’t look like I want them too. This stuff is a game changer y’all. All you do is mix it in to your moisturizer or lotion (you can use on your face and the rest of your body too!) and apply it like you normally would. You don’t need a mitt, just wash your hands afterwards and that’s it! It works SO well comes in three different levels of tan: light, medium, and dark.
- AE Wide Leg Crop Jean – If you’ve followed along this year, you probably saw these jeans more than you wanted to haha, but they are that good. They’re so comfortable and I was surprised at how much I loved the wide leg. They’re perfect with boots or mules and the wash works year round. I wear a size 6 regular.
- Erin Condren in Bloom Life Planner – So I got this planner for Christmas and it’s amazing guys. I’m one of those people that isn’t much of a planner but loves an actual planner if that makes sense haha? I’ve always been obsessed with school supplies for some reason. One of my goals is to be more organized and focused on my goals this year, and this planner is going to help so much!
- We the Free Kitty Thermal – I purchased this back in December and can’t stop wearing it. I love a soft, cozy thermal and I especially love one that is long enough to wear with leggings, or even as a dress for us shorter ladies! It comes in several different colors too! I wear a size small.
- Hosanna Revival Journaling Bible – This was a Christmas gift from my mother in law! Y’all know this was on my birthday wishlist so I’m so excited about this. I desperately needed a new Bible. This one has a hardcover that has been hand painted and it’s absolutely beautiful. They have several different designs and verses to choose from and you can even have yours customized!
- Drink More Water Bottle – You guys loved this when I shared it on my stories not too long ago! This was another gift form my mother-in-law and I’m obsessed. I am so bad at drinking water, and this really has helped SO much. It’s a glass bottle so its super nice and the best part is it’s under $20!
- Tarte PRO Glow to Go Palette – I had been looking for a good (and simple) contour palette when I came across this one. This is the smaller version of Tarte’s Pro Glow highlight and contour palette, and honestly I prefer this size! It has everything you need and it’s travel size which makes it great for travel or for throwing in your purse. It’s also half the price of the full-size palette!
- Franco Sarto Sienne Pointed Toe Booties – These were a birthday gift from my mom and I think they might be my favorite pair of booties ever. I love the color (they come in a few others as well), they’re insanely comfy, and they have the perfect little heel whether you want to dress up or be more casual. I wear a size 8 in these.
- FP Wythe Leather Band Felt Hat – I had been looking for an ivory felt hat for a while and they were all just way too expensive. Then I found this one from Free People and my sweet hubs got it for me for Christmas! It is the perfect size + it’s only $58 which is really affordable for a hat like this. If ivory isn’t for you, it does come in several other great colors!
I hope you all had a wonderful new year, and I’m so thankful you stuck with me while I took a break. I’ll be back soon with some great new content for you guys!
Read Next: My Favorite Things of 2017