So I Made My First Amazon Fashion Purchase…
Well guys, I did another thing I said I’d probably never do.
I made my first Amazon fashion purchase. I’m not really sure why, but until recently I’ve been very much against shopping for clothes and accessories on Amazon. I think I was under the impression that everything was super bad quality and that it wouldn’t look anything like the photos when it came in. And also, I didn’t want to contribute to Amazon’s world domination. But after some research and seeing a few of my favorite bloggers find a lot of good things recently, I decided to give it a try. So in today’s blog post I’m sharing my first ever Amazon fashion purchase, my honest thoughts, and how to shop on Amazon the right way!
My First Amazon Fashion Purchase
I thought I’d start small since I wasn’t really sold on the idea of shopping for clothes and accessories on Amazon just yet. Something that I’d seen a lot of people purchasing from Amazon was handbags. Really cute handbags. It just so happened that I had been looking at rattan (woven straw) bags for spring and summer, so I thought I’d check those out first since they are not cheap most places. Y’all. There are SO MANY rattan bags! I came across this cute little square, basket shaped one, and at the price, I knew I had to have it. It was way affordable, looked super cute, and with free 2-day shipping I had nothing to lose.
Thoughts on my First Amazon Bag
Ok guys, so I am in love with this bag! Is it super high quality? No. But it isn’t falling apart and it’s freaking adorable. It looks exactly like it does in the photo, complete with the cutest floral lining. The basket itself actually appears to be pretty sturdy. The only part that is obviously not great quality is the strap, because it is clearly not real leather. But with this being a trendy item for the coming season, I did not want to spend a ton of money on it knowing I might not like it next year. So the verdict on my first Amazon fashion purchase? Would recommend. But do proceed with caution, and do your research. Keep reading for my tips on how to shop on Amazon the right way.
How to Shop Amazon the Right Way
- One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give is to know what you’re looking for before you go looking for it. There are so many ways to get lost in Amazon rabbit holes, that browsing isn’t really an option, at least not for me. There is just way too much to look through.
- Take advantage of your prime membership! Did you know if you’re a member of Amazon Prime, you have access to Prime Wardrobe? This allows you to order clothing and try it before you buy! You only pay for what you keep and you send the rest back, free of charge.
- Use your filters. Even if you know what you’re looking for, I still highly recommend using filters to sort by color, style, price, size, etc. I’m all about efficiency over here!
- Look for the “Amazon’s Choice” blue label next to the product. This usually means it’s a pretty good product and that you can trust the seller.
- Check the reviews. If it doesn’t have many reviews, or if it has bad reviews, it’s probably a good idea to pass that item by. This is the best way to get information on how something fits, along with the quality. Also, check to see if the product reviews include photos. This is a great way to really see what you’re getting.
- Check shipping costs. Some things on Amazon look really great until you realize it isn’t Prime eligible (free 2-day shipping) and shipping costs more than the item. Also, be sure to read the return policy.
- Pay attention to the price. This probably seems obvious, but a lot of fashion products come in different colors and slightly different styles, and the price can vary depending on these things. Just be aware of what you’re paying before you click purchase!
Next on my to-buy list from Amazon? Swimsuits and THIS gorgeous bag! You can shop all of my Amazon picks on my new Amazon Storefront, from fashion to home goods, and much more!
About the Outfit
I am o b s e s s e d with this little spring outfit. You can never have enough white tops, in my opinion, for spring and summer. This cute little ribbed henley is from American Eagle and is on clearance for just over $15! I’m wearing a size small. These mom shorts are also from American Eagle and I am SO excited to have found a pair of denim shorts I’m comfortable in. For some reason finding comfortable denim shorts with good coverage is really difficult these days. I will definitely be going back for more mom shorts from American Eagle! I am wearing a size 4. Shoes are new from Dr. Scholls and are on sale for just under $50. Wearing a size 7.5.
Thank you guys as always, for stopping by today. Have you ever made a fashion purchase form Amazon? If so, I’d love to know what you got! Feel free to let me know in the comments!