I can’t believe it’s been 3 whole months since my last blog post! Wow, what a weird year. But I plan on getting back into the blog/styling for the last part of the year. Sadly, my husband Kevin is deploying soon, so I’ll need a distraction for the next several months. And also prayer lol. So I usually cover the Nordstrom Sale each year because it always gets me super excited for Fall. This year I’m so behind, and honestly, I just wasn’t feelin’ it. I didn’t think the product selection was as good as it had been in the past, and with everything going on in life (and the world) it just didn’t seem super important on my list of things to focus on this year.
That being said, I thought I would do a quick post to share my purchases and the things I think are worth shopping for. (If you aren’t familiar with the sale and how it all works, I made a huge post all about it last year. You can check that out here!)
What’s Worth Shopping For During the Nordstrom Sale
The sale typically features some key items each year that are, in my opinion, worth shopping for.
- Barefoot Dreams – these cozy, soft cardigans and blankets ain’t cheap, but the sale makes them more affordable, and worth it, IMO. They make amazing gifts and the high quality makes them a closet/home staple. I finally snagged one this year, and I can’t wait to get it in!
- Fall Boots – One of my favorite things to shop for during the sale is usually a good fall/winter boot. This year, I thought the selection was less than amazing, BUT I did get a pair of Marc Fisher booties for under $100 that will go with literally everything I own.
- Spanx Leggings – I FINALLY got a pair this year! For the last couple of years, I opted out because there were other things I wanted more, but I know I will wear the heck out of these with sneakers, boots, etc. The sale price on these is MUCH easier to swallow than the regular price, so definitely worth the buy. I sized up to a medium because they have a snug fit.
- Winter Coats – I usually get at least one coat or jacket during the sale, but this year I didn’t find as many that I loved. There are some great trench options though, like the Ralph Lauren one I linked here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk Lip Set – This lipstick set is literally perfect for every skin tone, and the price on this 3-piece set is a great deal. Highly recommend this lipstick for everyday wear!
- Sweaters & Cardigans – Every year there are tons of great cardigans and sweaters that sell out really quickly, usually from Topshop and Free People. I was able to snag the Topshop oversized cardigan above in gray and tan. Probably won’t keep both, but I do love the oversized fit and coziness!
- Sneakers – I have become SUCH a sneaker junkie over the last couple of years (seriously, my collection is ridiculous) so I was really excited to see these platform Vans pop up on the sale page. They are incredibly comfy, under $50, and a great color for fall.
Shop My Purchases & Top Picks
Did you shop the sale this year? I’d love to hear about your favorite finds! Just drop a comment below!